Wednesday, July 3, 2013

And, away we go....

FINALLY, its getaway time!!!
Only for a few days but I'm outta this city & exploring a new one!!
Woohoo!!!

Super giddy with excitement, I've been packing in my mind for days now.
Packing for a vacation can be one of my favorite parts, with the anticipation building to all the different adventures that lie ahead,
creating memories...& what I wore.

It can definitely be an art form.
Figuring out where all you're going, the weather, how much walking...
Coming up with combinations of styles so each look is different but that you will only need a few pieces, 
I mean there will be pictures, you can't look the same in them all.

I like to travel with one suitcase + one carry-on.
I've never been one of those girls with the piles of bags behind her (thats embarrassing)
UNLESS, of course I'm invited to the Couture shows in Paris, 
oh but wait, I'd just shop when I got there too.
Scratch that, I'm a one bag gal!

 For this holiday getaway to Chicago, my trusty weather app is saying it's gonna be quite gorgeous, not too hot, not too chilly.
But I fear humidity though, or more so my hair fears it...
So I'm getting creative with my packing, keeping things light & flowy 
with easy to add layers, in case the evening brings cooler temps.

To keep the packing light, I'm sticking in the same color palette for easy mixing & matching, 
which has funnily turned out to be quite patriotic too (completely unplanned).


Pretty much its sundresses & skirts with sleeveless tops.
I KNOW I won't need a jacket, so I'm tossing in my navy Bell Sleeve Shrug to top off most outfits in my bag.

But, just to mix it up, I'm also bringing along my striped Convertible Shrug to play with as a scarf or a wrap. 
Stripes have become such a neutral for me, I love mixing them with other patterns!



Pops of color with some accessories, a fun straw fedora & sandals ~ I am good to go!!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!! 
Send pics from wherever you're celebrating/traveling!!


Our Red & Cream Stripe jersey knit
available in the Convertible Shrug
Our Navy Lightweight Sweater knit
in our Bell Sleeve & Hooded
Ballerina Shrugs




 Happy 4th of July!!!!

Cheers ~
Carlie

No comments:

Post a Comment