Tuesday, January 14, 2014

B is for...


One of my goals this year is to help women see & own their unique beauty.
I struggled with seeing myself as beautiful while growing up
& only recently have I truly been able to say
"I am beautiful"
without hearing the voice inside my head disagreeing with me.

Its one of the main reasons I was inspired to start Ch'Armz.
I wanted to give women the freedom to show their style & express who they are without being self-conscious about their arms.

Clothing has amazing powers!
Now hear me out, I may sound crazy, but I grew up mesmerized when looking at pretty dresses, colorful outfits & shiny jewels. 
And when all combined together to create a look, the wearer of this magical outfit floated!
You could tell she knew she looked good, felt good - she was a BEAUTY!

I wanted to achieve that feeling, I wanted to float!
And until I could claim my own beauty from within, I let each emerald green sweater, each vintage floral dress, each flowy silk top help me believe I was beautiful while wearing it.
When I found my style, I gained my confidence. 
I could enter any situation knowing if I was dressed well, I could handle it.
Slowly but surely the exterior bravado began to sink in & I could see my beauty.
Would I have gotten there without fashion? Maybe eventually...
but it was much more fun playing dress up along the way!!

So, in this new year ahead I hope to inspire women to have fun playing dress up, trying on new styles & finding their BEAUTY along the way!



1 comment:

  1. YOU are beautiful - inside & out and I LOVE this story.. I never knew. Love the sleeves as well! You are so inspiring! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete