Tuesday, January 28, 2014

C is my favorite letter


When we initially started creating our list of ABC's for 2014, 
I knew immediately what my "C" would be.
It was my easiest letter to fill in.
Originally my "C" was for CREATE, but it's funny how life will toss in some turns every now and then & the "C" speaking to me now is COURAGE.

So, of course when I saw this quote by Matisse I knew it was perfect!

Creating has always just been a way of life to me.
My mom always is saying how she wishes she had a creative bone in her body & I argue that she must. We all do. We all create in our own unique ways, which is why its so cool & essential that we all create!
But I think Matisse may be right, it does take courage.

A couple of weeks ago I was invited to attend a conference that my coach & love mentor was doing, called Ignite Your Life. As a graduate of her Find Love Now program, I was under the impression I'd be sharing my story with individuals throughout the weekend if they had questions.
When I got the outline for the event, I saw I was listed to speak on stage, sharing my Moment of Inspiration - my story.
Speak???!!! What? Me?
Commence inner freak out! 

I had originally shied away from volunteering to be on a panel, based solely because of my fear of public speaking.
I felt much more comfortable just being there as support, as some one to listen to guests questions & share my experience, one-on-one.

But I knew, you know that deep down inside knowing, I HAD to do this!
Without hesitation.
I've worked this hard & taken risks in so many other areas in my life, 
it'd be silly to turn back now.
Boy was I scared as I walked to the stage!
My heart was racing.
I figured the shaking mic would be a dead giveaway...
but, you know what?
I DID IT!!

I mustered all the COURAGE I had inside me & faced my biggest fear!
I got personal & shared myself.

I'm kinda on a COURAGE "high" & am taking on some new risks in life ~ stay tuned :)

I invite you over these next couple of weeks while we celebrate "C" to CREATE some of your own moments of COURAGE

My beautiful & amazing coach,
Marni Battista, who's given me the
courage to chase my dreams
& live a life I love! xo
Proof I did not die while speaking in front of
a coupla hundred fantastic ladies




















No comments:

Post a Comment