Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Finally seeing it...

 "Seems like the only one who doesn't see your beauty is the face in the mirror looking back at you"
~ Taylor Swift

Ahhhh, that Taylor Swift, she's a wise one...
She got me thinking.
I'm pretty funny about mirrors. I rarely look directly at myself in them, even when I mean to, like checking for lipstick on the teeth, or if everything is in place...I'll walk out of the bathroom & realize I completely forgot to check!

Why is that? What is that all about I wondered...
Then I realized ~ up until recently when I looked in the mirror I still saw my 12 year old self.
 The shy awkward girl with the out of control curls & the big glasses.
Now I know that's not how I appear to other's, but that's who was showing up!

I had to take a real long hard look at myself.
I couldn't, or wouldn't, allow myself to see my beauty today until 
I accepted my 12 yr old self & her journey as BEAUTIFUL

Sure, we all go through some awkward phases while growing up & it helps form our adult selves, but if I can, I'd love to save young girls from years of feeling like that ugly duckling & help them see their amazing beauty now!

It hasn't been easy to get here, but I can honestly say to the lil me
"You are beautiful"


1 comment:

  1. Great story. Thanks for sharing.. and YES you are Beautiful and then some..

    ReplyDelete